This course is designed to help new students prepare for meaningful business-related internships and careers within the context of becoming disciple leaders. Key areas of focus are:
- How to network effectively using such tools as LinkedIn.
- Preparing for and conducting effective Informational Interviews with mentors.
- Using BYU-I resources to conduct industry and company analyses.
- Preparing a 4-year graduation plan.
- Gain a better understanding of the mission of BYU-Idaho and further your development in becoming a Disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Expand your understanding of the main functional areas of business and the careers associated with them.
- Gain an understanding of the Business Management program.
- Gain an understanding of what is needed to prepare for a chosen career.
- Be able to make a better informed decision on career and academic plans.
- Learn how to effectively network with business professionals.
- Prepare a professional resume.